Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thumbprint Counting Book

Hello all! It is N week and we are concentrating on numbers! I made a My Thumbprint Counting Book with my kiddos.  We did numbers 1-10 and on each page they used their thumb prints to create different things; apples, dogs, fish, bunnies, etc.

Here is what the cover looked like.

I made sure to put one of each thing we made on the cover.
The following pictures are pages 1-10.
One Red Apple


Two Green Frogs

Three Black Spiders

Four Purple Butterflies

Five Orange Pumpkins

Six Brown Dogs

Seven Pink Bunnies

Eight Red Ladybugs

Nine Yellow Bees


Ten Orange Fish

This was a long process and with little help and Catholic Schools week going on, it took me four days to do it.  The students had fun doing it and were learning at the same time so that was the important thing.  I'm sure they will be just as happy as I am that these are going home tomorrow.  

Sorry about the picture quality. I am having to use my phone and it isn't the best picture taker.  Hope you enjoy and I hope that you try this out with your kids!


6 comments:

  1. My son made this same exact book in pre-k and I'd love to make one at home with my other son, but I can't find the pages to print anywhere. Can you please tell me where I can print them from so that I can just add his thumbprints to make this book? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trace your son's number-2 on a page. Cut in half and staple. I would take this and make it something we might use at Conference time. We would focus on one number a month, (don't forget zero!) or so and do it as an extra activity. Then it would not be so tiresome for the teacher/aide doing it. love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trace your son's number-2 on a page. Cut in half and staple. I would take this and make it something we might use at Conference time. We would focus on one number a month, (don't forget zero!) or so and do it as an extra activity. Then it would not be so tiresome for the teacher/aide doing it. love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I am a preschool teacher and I have this book but I am missing the template for the number 10 and I cant find a 10 that is good enough to use. Can you please tell me where I can find this on a site or will you PLEASE scan the number 10 and email it to me. I am desperate! Need it within the next 2 weeks!!! Thank you! Kerry Z.
    kerry230@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I actually just drew the numbers by hand but I'm sure you could google the number ten and find what you are looking for!

    ReplyDelete