Wednesday, March 7, 2012

P and Q Week!

For P week, we made parrots and a class peacock.  This week was split into two and we also worked on Q.  For Q we made books and practice our writing skills. 

This parrot was a real hoot with the kiddos.  They all thought it was an angry bird.  Even some of the parents thought it was an angry bird.  I laughed because in the end, it did sort of turn out that way.  We used paper plates and painted them red.  Using a template, the students colored the other parts using crayons.  After the paint dried, students glued on the extra pieces.

For the peacock, I traced the students hands on construction paper.  I put that had on other construction paper and cut out the hands so that I would have enough feathers to cover the whole bird.  It turned out really good!


If you haven't noticed, I got a new camera.  I got an iPhone 4s and the camera on that thing is amazing! My pictures from here on out should be much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment